Reinventing our services
We have been asked by DHS to Reinvent our Services to align with DHS and their Reinvention. So, we are proactively taking July and August to look at the services we already provide and evaluate how they can be enhanced to meet the needed safety precautions and continue to provide a meaningful day for all of our participants.
The days since March 17th have been enlightening for all of us and we are anxious to get back to seeing all of the participants and families that are ready to return. We will be setting up rooms, community sites and the building to meet all of the guidance that is set forth from DHS, CDC and IDPH. There will be information sent out and provided to families that will be needed prior to the reopening on September 1st.
Due to this Reinvention, our expectation is that we will not have all participants back on day one and it will be a slow process. Residential and home-based families need to make decisions they are comfortable with, regarding their individuals returning.
Throughout July and August:
- Staff will be rotating their schedule to work on this process and continue to make connections with families and participants.
- Super Shredders is open and picking up from our contracted businesses.
- Super Shredders is open for drop off shredding on Monday thru Friday from 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Our phones will be open, generally, on Tuesday thru Thursday from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- We are still closed for guests, unless a scheduled appointment is made.
- Any other messages, please continue to leave at the front desk at ext. 221 or with the staff member directly. We will return the call as soon as we possible.
We are truly grateful for the continued support of all of our families, board members, the community and local legislators thru this unprecedented time! Please continue to speak up!
See You Soon! Stay Safe! Stay Well!